- I'm allowing myself to write a shitty first draft--something I hadn't been able to do in the past.
- I'm writing without a clear picture all the way through--it gets murky around the 2/3 point.
- I'm engaging my CPs (and anyone who is interested) in a writing challenge--I've always wrinkled my nose at any kind of imposed writing goals.
- I'm making it up as I go along--I'm typically an avid plotter.
- I'm mixing POVs with third person h/h and secondary characters, but first person villain--I've never even considered writing first person.
And as I see all the differences I'm employing with this book and as I discussed with Elisabeth recently, I've discovered that process changes as we change, as our writing changes, as our goals change.
What changes have you seen in your process over the years? Or do you have a tried and true method that you love--or hate? Share with us how you get from concept to completion.
Labels: Joan's posts